About the job
We are looking for an experienced front-end software engineer who will be responsible for building features and tools for our clients and internal teams. You'll be working on a fast iteration cycle with interesting technologies, shipping code and seeing results frequently.
We’re a small team of software engineers building a product using a “developer-first” approach. This full-time role is based at out Kloof Street office in Cape Town and comes with a few perks such as catered lunch, snacks, coffee and secure parking.
You can check our OfferZen profile to view our tech stack, or if you’re still unsure what the position entails, you can contact Louw (@louwhopley on ZA Tech) for more information.
What you’ll do
- Create developer-first tools and interfaces using ReactJs and NodeJs
- Work with the platform team to identify, design, and build client-facing features
- Use continuous feedback to constantly improve the experiences you build
- Contribute to shared and open-source libraries maintained by Root
- Embrace the culture of an inclusive team where supporting others is expecting from all
What you’ll need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent working experience
- Knowledge of frontend technologies, networking and build systems
- Excellent understanding of typical web development processes (design, development, testing and deployment)
- Extensive experience building high-quality user-facing apps, ideally on multiple platforms
- Passionate about creating fault-free user interfaces
- Must be friendly, transparent, articulate and driven to succeed
- Must be a curious learner